Monday, September 3, 2012

Guest Speaker: Monica Jones, President of AD2 Roanoke



AD2 Roanoke is an affiliate of the American Advertising Federation, which is a national program that protects and promotes advertising.  AD2 Roanoke is known for being a non-profit organization that is young, current, and innovative. I think this is a very accurate description of AD2 Roanoke because they only accept members 32 and younger; which therefore allows the organization to be comprised of individuals who are all fresh with new ideas.  AD2 Roanoke focuses on providing resources and tools for their young professional members that will help them succeed in the advertising industry. They host events like: resume reviews, portfolio reviews, guest speakers, and clinics. I think one could learn a lot from this organization and seems to be a wonderful opportunity; however it does concern me that I am just now becoming aware of this organization. I have been a student here for four years and I have never heard of this club. I think AD2 Ronaoke has the potential to be extremely popular with Pamplin students, especially with those who are majoring in marketing, but has yet to make its name known here at Virginia Tech. I hope the word about AD2 Roanoke continues to spread, because they have a lot of knowledge to share and people could benefit greatly from it.

Current event question: For a student who is interested in pursuing a career in the adverting industry, what would you say is the most important thing in to have in your portfolio?

No comments:

Post a Comment